One entry per person.
Must be, or intend to be, a student at Pitt Community College.
Entry deadline is July 12, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
DICK BROADCASTING’S CONTEST RULES FOR THE
TUITION MISSION 2019 CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These contest-specific rules should be read in conjunction with Dick Broadcasting’s General Contest Rules, which are applicable to all contests conducted by Dick Broadcasting’s Holdings LLC and/or its subsidiaries (including licensee subsidiaries).
Sponsor(s): WERO, 1361 Colony Drive, New Bern NC 28562 and Pepsi Minges Bottling Group Inc., 128 Pepsi Way, Ayden, NC 28513, Pitt Community College 1986 Pitt Tech Road, Winterville, NC 28590.
1. Promotional Period: The Tuition Mission 2018 Grand prize contest period (the “Promotion”) begins on or around August 13, 2019 at 7:00 AM ET and ends at 6:00 PM ET on or about August 14th, 2019 (the “Promotional Period”).
2. Entry Deadline: The deadline to submit entries was July 12th, 2019 at 12:00AM ET.
3. Eligibility Restrictions: The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (except NY and FL) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who live in the State of North Carolina, in addition must attend or intend to attend Pitt Community College. Employees of WERO (the “Station”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other broadcast stations in the Station’s listening area, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the United States, in NY and FL, as applicable, and where prohibited.
1. Persons are only eligible to win one (1) major (valued at over $600.00) prize within any 6 month period from WERO.
3. Prizes must be redeemed for the 2019-2020 academic year.
4. Prizes must be accepted as is or they are forfeited.
5. Prizes are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
6. Winners/assignees are responsible for any and all taxes incurred as a result of their winnings. Each winner/assignee of a prize or prizes valued at or with a combined value of, at least $600 will receive an IRS 1099 form at the end of the calendar year.
7. All winners/assignees must meet individual station contest eligibility requirements, which include but are not limited to, providing picture identification, social security number, and signing a release form in order to receive the prizes won.
8. Winners/assignees of radio station contests, by their acceptance of prize(s), grant DBC radio LLC, and their assigns or heirs, the right to use their name, voice and likeness (including online profile information) in any or all station publicity surrounding the contest promotion.
9. Winner/assignee must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Tuition Mission contest. All participants must sign a Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement.
10. Past or present employees of DBC Radio or their family members, all participating sponsors, their employees or their family members, or any other persons or family members employed by any competing media company operating in the Greenville/New Bern/Jacksonville metro market area are ineligible to participate in any DBC radio station contests.
11. Dick Broadcasting Company is not liable for any personal injuries or damages which result from a prize won once in the winner's possession.
12. The decisions of Dick Broadcasting Company management, WERO and Pitt Community College in regard to contests are final.
13. To remain in the competition, a Tuition Mission finalist must remain at designated contest sites as advised by WERO staff and must participate in the mandatory competitions yet to be determined.
14. If the winner/assignee fails to maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.5, they will forfeit the remainder of the Grand Prize and all financial obligations of Dick Broadcasting Company and participating sponsors shall terminate. The winner/assignee can be either a full or part time student.
15. Finalists shall, at all times, comply with all contest rules and failure to comply with the Rules, as stated herein, the above stated regulations, or engaging in conduct deemed detrimental to the successful completion of the Tuition Mission contest will result in qualifier(s)/finalist(s) disqualification.
16. Finalists will be allowed to use personal items, including but not limited to: electronics, toiletries, necessary medications, etc., during any pre-scheduled contest breaks. Said personal items must be returned to a WERO staff member upon request. No weapons, non-prescription drugs or alcoholic beverages will be permitted to be in the possession of any contestant at any time. Dick Broadcasting Company and participating sponsors of the Tuition Mission contest are not responsible for any personal items that are lost, stolen, or destroyed. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry as required by law.
4. Entry Method: To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following method(s).
VIA INTERNET – Go to http://www.bob933.com/pages/view/tuition-mission and follow the links and instructions to enter and submit the required information, which may include your first and last name, address, telephone number, date of birth, and a valid email address, in the online entry form. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning the email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. The contest/sweepstakes administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
One entry per person. Winner must sign waiver/release.
5. Prizes: The grand prize winner will be awarded five thousand dollars ($5,000.00) for the 2019-2020 academic school year.
6. Odds of Winning: Based on number of participants and their skill level.
7. Winner Selection and Notification:
Decisions of Station management with respect to the Promotion are final. Notification of winners will be done by WERO/Dick Broadcasting Group.
WERO will hold a Grand Prize promotion at various locations in and around Greenville, N.C., from August 13, 2019 to August 14, 2019. Selected qualifiers must be in attendance to win and must arrive at the pre-determined contest site between 7:00 am and 8:00 am ET on August 13, 2019. The selected qualifiers, who arrive on time and possess a Tuition Mission Profile Pass, will be finalists and compete for the Grand Prize. From August 13, 2019 to August 14, 2019, finalists will compete in various elimination competitions for the opportunity to win the Grand Prize. Finalists can and will be eliminated and/or voted off through the various competitions, yet to be determined. Competitions will vary between point awarding competitions and elimination competitions. Points of the final two contestants that were not eliminated during the promotion will be tallied at end of the grand prize ceremony. The individual with the largest amount of points that was not eliminated will be awarded the $5,000-dollar tuition prize. The eliminations will be executed as follows: The winner of an elimination competition will have the power to eliminate an individual from the promotion. This person will immediately be escorted to collect their items and will be no longer eligible for the grand prize. During point competitions, no contestants will be eliminated. Individual/team winner/s will be awarded five (5) points. During individual point competitions second place will receive 2 points for runner up. Some of the contests may include a social media/popular vote element that will contribute to the contestants’ ability to remain in the game. Eliminated contestants may be invited back in to the competition as part of a customized challenge opportunity by Tuition Mission staff. The last surviving finalist will be designated as the Winner and will receive a $5,000 payment usable ONLY for a tuition payment to be made by Dick Broadcasting Company into the Pitt Community College Foundation, set up as a scholarship fund. Funds will then be disbursed by Pitt Community College Foundation. The Winner DOES have to be currently enrolled or intending to enroll at Pitt Community College to participate. In the event that the winning contestant is not able, has no intention, or chooses not to enroll or becomes ineligible to enroll after the contest ends, the prize will automatically be transferred to the second place contestant.
a. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). Winner(s) will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including a winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the station conducting the Promotion (in combination with any prizes won in Promotions run by any other DBC radio station) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
b. Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s and guest’s (where applicable) permission for the DBC or its agents to photograph, film and record each winner, and to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Promotion or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, DBC may, where legal, require a winner (and guest or travel companion, where applicable) to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return any required release. In the case of a conflict in this paragraph 3 b and any similar paragraph in contest specific rules the general specific rules will govern.
c. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, you:
i. agree to grant Dick Broadcasting Compnay a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to edit, telecast, exhibit, rerun, reproduce, use, syndicate, license, print, distribute and otherwise exploit any items (including any photos, videos, audio, or written material) submitted as part of your contest entry (the “Materials”), or any portion thereof, in any manner and in any and all formats and media now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you or any third party;
ii. acknowledge that DBC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to use the Materials at all; and
iii. represent and warrant that: you are at least as old as the age of majority in your state; you have the full legal right, power and authority to grant to DBC the license provided for herein; you own or control the complete exhibition and other rights to the Materials you submitted for the purposes contemplated in this license; you are either the parent (or legal guardian) of any minor featured in the Materials or have received the express consent of the parent (or legal guardian) for any such minor to appear in the Materials and to enter the minor’s likeness in the Materials in the contest; and neither the Materials nor the exercise of the rights granted herein shall infringe upon or violate the right of privacy or right of publicity of, or constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, any person or entity.
d. Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the Promotion, DBC in its sole discretion may require verification of Promotion winner’s or winners’ identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification.
e. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating and/or accepting a prize, entrants, winner(s) and guests (if applicable) agree to release and hold harmless the station conducting the Promotion, its sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), its advertising and promotion agencies, any social media platform utilized in the conduct of the Promotion (including but not limited to Facebook, Inc.) and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. DBC may also require eligible Promotion winner(s) and their guests or travel companions, if any (as well as each of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if winner(s), guest(s) or travel companion(s) are under the age of majority in their state of residence), to sign a liability release confirming such consent. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return any required release.
f. The station conducting the Promotion, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of the station’s website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. The station conducting the Promotion further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the station’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion as determined by the station in is sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any station website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the DBC reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. The station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the station conducting the Promotion, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, terminate, suspend or cancel the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
g. The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals, or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from sending or receiving a text message; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond DBC’s control.
9. Official Rules and Winner List: To obtain a copy of the General Contest Rules, these contest-specific rules, or a list of winner(s) following completion of the Promotion (please specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) specifying “General Contest Rules,” “Contest-Specific Rules,” or “Winner List” to Tuition Mission 2019 Winner List or Official Rules Request, WERO, 1361 Colony Drive, New Bern, NC 28562. A copy of the General Contest Rules, contest-specific rules, and a list of winner(s) (when complete) are also available during regular business hours at the main studio of WERO, 1361 Colony Drive, New Bern, NC 28562. All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Promotion.